The (Endless) IVF Cycle Overview – Egg Retrieval Due Next!
This is my IVF Cycle Summary… so far. I thought I was a poor responder to stims and boy was I wrong! The normal starting dose of Follistim for IVF cycles is 225IU but because I have a lot of follicles my doctor decided to start me off with a mere 175IU and somehow, my body ran with it…it ran a marathon, producing 55 follicles! As a result my cycle almost got canceld which was nerve wrecking. Doc decides we can still proceed but that we need to reduce my stims. From that point on I was either taking 100IUs of Follistim (which some people do on an IUI cycle so you can have an idea) and 76IU of Menopur, or I was taking nothing… just giving time for my eggies to grow on their own.
The crappy side was that I had to go to the doctor every single day to monitor my E2 levels and follicle sizes. I guess being bloated and feeling some pain in my girl balls falls in this category too.
Wish me luck! Egg retrieval is on Friday! Woot woot!
Period date: Friday 5/30/14
Birth Control Pills: Start – 6/01/14 (CD3), ended on 6/24/14 – > 24 days total
2nd Period: 6/27/14 (Friday)
– 6/29/14 (Sunday): 175IU Follistim + 75IU Menopur
– 6/30/14: 175IU Follistim + 75IU Menopur + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/01/14: 175IU Follistim + 75IU Menopur + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/02/14: 175IU Follistim + 75IU Menopur + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/03/14: no stims + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/04/14: Ganirelix 100IU Follistim + 75IU Menopur + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/05/14: Ganirelix 100IU Follistim + 75IU Menopur + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/06/14: Ganirelix 100IU Follistim + 75IU Menopur + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/07/14: Ganirelix no stims + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/08/14: Ganirelix 75IU Follistim only + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone
– 7/09/14: Ganirelix no stims + Doxycycline + Dexamethasone + 1st Trigger Shot (40 units of Lupron + 1,000 HCG)
– 7/10/14: Trigger shot #2 40 units of Lupron
Egg retrieval: Friday 7/11/14
Fertilization Report: Saturday 7/12/14
Freezing Report: Friday 6/18/14
I can’t believe I’m only half way through this whole thing…
Btw, isn’t this cake adorable?
Posted on July 9, 2014, in Cycle Update, fertility, infertility, ivf and tagged baby, conceive baby, conceive first, egg retrieval, embryo, fertility, fertilization, in vitro, infertility, IVF, pregnancy. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.