Third Trimester Life
Being pregnant has been amazing so far and now that Im 2 months away from giving birth, as my belly gets bigger, reality is setting in and I keep thinking how the hell am I getting this baby out of me? The comforting part is that I know everybody else does it, so I must be able to do it to, but it does feel kind of impossible.
Baby still has no name and has been moving a lot. A LOT! I’m trying to record some videos of the movement but every time I stop looking he’ll do the biggest summersault of all time and as soon as all eyes are on him, he gets shy. It’s almost creepy, like he can see what we’re doing. I hope he’s an extrovert and outgoing like mommy and daddy.
Overall the 3rd trimester hasn’t been bad. I’m not getting swollen feet at all (yet) and Im so lucky my hubby is willing to massage my legs and feet every day to help me prevent it. I have also not noticed any varicose veins, but I know they may show before the bell rings.
Here are some of the recent news:
- I changed doctors!! Yaaaay! It was about time. My previous doctor was making me bitter about my visits. His staff was so incompetent; I had to wait 3-4 hours every time I had an appointment.
- Nurse called and said that at some point in my life I have been exposed to toxoplasmosis. I can’t think of when as I’m never around cats… but she said its ok and I’m under no thread.
- We did a hospital tour and we love the hospital we picked!
- I woke up with some serious cramps and lower back pain on Saturday, just when I completed 31 weeks. I thought I was going into pre-term labor. I waited for a while and was able to go back to sleep. Called the doctor in the morning and she said that as long as I’m not having consistent contractions I’ll be OK. I haven’t felt anything ever since.
- Finally bought some items for the nursery, although we haven’t even started putting anything together because we hope to be moving soon.
- Andy made a birthing plan! I know that sounds weird, but it’s so hard answering the questions… and now with my new style of not making plans it was really hard to answer, so he did it! I secretly recorded him and saved it on my YouTube account, but it’s not a public video, only those with the link can watch it. (here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aVop4KRp8o )
How far along: 31 weeks
Total weight gain: Stopped measuring after I passed 30 pounds. I hope I do a better job at staying fit on my next pregnancy
Maternity clothes: Pretty much it’s all that I can wear at this point.
Stretch marks: None. I think I might get away with it actually. Feels like my skin can still stretch a lot. I’ve been oiling up a lot too.
Sleep: It’s starting to get harder. And I snored so loud you wouldn’t believe. Andy made a video of me sleeping and I almost died when I watched it. It mostly goes away if I sleep kind of elevated, but no promises I can sleep like that through the night
Best moment this week: baby movements! Always! I take time daily to watch my belly warp. It’s so fun!
Miss anything: I miss feeling pretty. My skin is terrible and Ive gained so much weight I have a double chin now. Can’t wait to be skinny again.
Movement: every day since 01/01/15!
Anything making you sick: car rides! Everytime I’m in a car I get nausea now, it sucks!
Have you started to show: very much so.
Gender: It’s a boy!!! Still no name…
Innie or outtie: pretty deep innie. Probably gonna have an innie for a loooong time…
Happy or moody: Very happy!
Looking forward to: moving to another house!
Interesting facts: I can eat very spicy foods now!
Next step: packing a hospital bag, planning baby shower and doing a photo shoot!