FINAL LAP OF PREGNANCY
As much as I’d like to complain about being pregnant and the small uncomfortable situations that pregnancy brings, I remind myself of what it took for us to get here and all of a sudden, all the pain becomes bliss (I hope this “technique” works during labor too)…
…with the exception of acne. That will never be bliss. I fucking hate my face being covered in pimples. Whatever happened to the promised (and expected) pregnancy glow? I got to deal with pregnancy pimples all over my body instead.
Jokes aside, I will go through this all over again, and again with a smile on my face if at the end of the rainbow I get to hold my baby. I have to thank our fertility struggles for the common sense that allows me to be thankful about all the uncomfortable prego moments and not getting sucked into the drama like other women do. Of course there were difficult days, but who cares about a little heartburn or swollen feet when there’s something so much larger at play? The key is to not think about those things and just focus on the good things, like your baby being formed in your womb, his movements, daydreaming about meeting him, being closer (than ever) with baby daddy. Life is good.
I’m 34 weeks and 4 days today and so excited about meeting my little no name guy! We have nothing ready, I’m not gonna lie. At least our housing situation seems to be falling into place finally. Good thing I didn’t stress about it. My pending plans:
- Collect all my family member’s addresses so I can mail them birth announcements when the day comes
- Prepare all envelopes with addresses to easily send out announcements when baby is born.
- Start making my birth announcement card and save the template so all I need is the picture
- One baby shower down and 1 to go! I’ll get whatever else is missing right after that. Hopefully by then we’ll know when we can move… and hopefully I’ll have time to set up a nursery.
- Get my hospital bag ready. I’m gonna be very reasonable with this task… only bringing the real necessities.
- I think I’ll stop working after May 8. That should give me 1 full week until I’m 40 weeks for final preparations and hopefully working on a nursery.
- During this week I’ll also stock up on food and hope to make some freezer meals for the upcoming 2 weeks. I don’t like eating processed stuff and I don’t like depending on people
- Do my nails and get waxed!
- Buy fabric to make my breastfeeding cover slash infinity scarf
Sounds like a lot actually! But hey, even if I don’t do all of it I won’t stress… the important thing is that in just a few more days I’ll be able to meet and hold my baby boy!
Can’t wait to meet you little guy!!
Posted on April 9, 2015, in baby, family, Pregnancy, son and tagged 3rd trimester, babies, baby, baby boy, dear son, pregnancy, pregnancy stages, pregnant, week by week. Bookmark the permalink. 10 Comments.